The project will focus on supporting the inclusion of disadvantaged learners in school educational paths through a specific methodology that unfortunately is not yet well spread in the European and national school contexts, augmentative and alternative communication (AAC).
The project wants to strengthen skills of teachers and support them in dealing with diversity in the classrooms, adopting innovative practices. Diversity management is very important skill nowadays, especially since the increased number of immigrants in European countries, because it helps to tackle early school leaving (ESL) and disadvantage. For this reason AAC@school offers a new tool for education, enabling success also for those students with communication impairments.
O1 – Research and state of art
Output 1 will consist on a working paper collecting best practices and excellences that will be re-elaborated for modelling/extract methodologies useful for Step 2/Output 2.
O2 – AAC training module for teachers
This training activity will be divided into modules encompassing the topics that the partners will decide are essential to provide a comprehensive and exhaustive overview. It will include an introductory level, highly accessible to people without any previous specialised knowledge on communication disability, or on communication aids.
O3 – Toolkit: AAC friendly school
The AAC toolkit is a tool for schools to help them evaluating their own use of AAC(Augmentative and Alternative Communication) both for learning and for communication.
- Coordinator: Il Cerchio(Fare Comunità soc. coop. sociale member) (Italy)
- Active Citizens Partnership (Greece)
- Istituto Comprensivo San Biagio (Italy)
- Forderinstitut VINCO (Austria)
- University of the Basque Country (Spain)
- Euni Partners (Bulgaria)
- Aydin Mesleki ve Teknik Anadolu Lisesi (Turkey)
- Velenje School Center (Slovenia)
- AEDE – Association Européenne des Ensegnants (Italy and EU)
- University of Applied Sciences and ARTS of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) (Switzerland) (associated partner)